"An American near Billy wailed that he had excreted everything but his brains. Moments later he said, 'There they go, there they go.' He meant his brains.
That was I. That was me. That was the author of this book."- Chapter 5, pg 125
I do not dislike this book by any means. I just feel there is no conflict, nothing that needs to be resolved. I am simply being told the events of a person's life. One thing I have enjoyed, though, is Vonnegut's humor. He is incredibly sarcastic, which I really enjoy. It is tough to find books that can be both serious and funny, and this is one of them. Vonnegut hits some key points, such as death and war and depression, while maintaining a humorous atmosphere in his story. I find myself literally laughing out loud during parts of this story, such as the scene from the quote I put. I find the humor similar to that in the movie Fight Club.
Page numbers need to be included with quotes
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I love you for the ISMFOF reference since I'll most likely be one of the only people who get it. hahaha
ReplyDeleteYo Penno, I agree. My favorite part of this book is easily the sarcasm. It's sort of snarky and clever, but still gets the point across.
ReplyDelete