Monday, April 30, 2012
Slaughterhouse-Five: Vonnegut
"'If you protest, if you think death is a terrible thing, then you have not heard a word I have said.'" pg 142
It is moments like this that we see Vonnegut convey his own message through Billy. While it is based in fiction, I think Billy is very much like Vonnegut. Simply based on the book, we can see that the author is a very strange man, so it would not shock me that he has such beliefs. I'm not saying Vonnegut was abducted by aliens, that is just absurd. But I do think he is trying to tell us that death is not the end of our lives. We will get to look back at all the times in our lives, and reflect on both the good and bad. He sincerely believes death is not something that needs to be mourned. It simply happens to everyone, and we move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment