"The man himself lay in the bed."-- "A Rose for Emily", William Faulkner
This story gave me the creeps. This woman locks herself in her house so she can sleep with a dead man. The whole town knows of this woman, and this story seems more like gossip than actual fact. It starts at the end (like a Tarantino kinda deal) and flashes back to the beginning. I think this adds to the plot because it makes the reader wonder how this came about. And it goes into a very detailed description of the events that led up to her death. She was a very mysterious woman and makes for a very good story. I just wish these were not so detailed. It makes them rather boring and hard to read. I know the details are important, for the most part (I'm talking to you, Edi), but it feels like there is too much for such small results. The end of this is shocking, but almost expected. The woman was creepy anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment