Thursday, October 6, 2011

This person clearly has not seen the Final Destination movies

"One short sleep passed, we wake eternally,/ And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die."-- Death, be Not Proud, John Donne

AHA! I just reread it before I started this blog and saw every 4th line rhymes (right?). I'm glad I caught that, because I could not find the pattern to this poem. It is about cheating death by continuing on in the after. Death never really takes a person because their life continues on forever. There is a dramatically ironic statement at the end which I used as my quote. The author states that death will die, which is also a bit of an oxymoron. An oxymoronic dramatically ironic sentence. That's deep. I enjoyed this poem because it holds some truth to it. If we die and there is an afterlife, we never really died. We will have cheated death and continued on into eternal life. And if you haven't seen Final Destination it is about a bunch of kids who try to avoid death but die anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment